Saturday, November 19, 2011

Patz's autumn tour

My friend Patz lives in sunny Florida, but this time of year she misses the color of the leaves. Here's a little tour for her.


Patz was very kind to me when I was going through a dark series. She'd send me little notes ("Thinking of you" and "<3") that I didn't have the energy to answer, but I treasured the thought that someone was thinking of me. 


I'll not forget that something that takes me 30 seconds to do might be a lifeline to the person on the receiving end.


Patz and I share a love of creatures, the universe, odd music, and joy. I wish we could share a walk around my neighborhood. 


We'd wear glittery fashions in the colors of nature. You'd recognize us by our smiles.


Some things remain green when the leaves turn brown. Patz and I know that because we're old and wise.


Once when I was missing the wildness of my youth, Patz told me, "We had our day." Oh, yes, we did. It's delightful to remember.


But it's also nice to settle into yourself and work toward a sense of grace and wisdom.


Thank you, Patz. You're in my heart.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

This is a wonderful post. The photos are beautiful and the tribute to Patz is such a sweet way to start a new blog.
I had to smile when you mentioned the wildness of your youth. Those were the days.indeed. Such fun memories. But am truely looking forward to being a quirky old lady.

Leslie Hanna said...

Awww, what a great piece!

Mary Dawn said...

this is my favorite blog post ever <3 by anyone